Spaying or neutering your pet means that your animal and its potential offspring won't contribute to the population of unwanted pets. By making sure that your pet can't have puppies or kittens, you'll have peace of mind that his or her offspring won't be euthanized in an animal shelter. There are no excuses as why your pets have puppies, or kittens.
Rescue groups survive from donations. They are not there to clean up after your carelessness. You will have a better chance placing it in rescue, if your animal is spayed/neutered, vaccinated and tested for FELV & FIV.
Please don't threaten rescue groups that you will take your pets to the pounds, because rescue groups are so full of unwanted pets! There is a limit of what rescue groups can do at any given time.
Spay or neuter surgery carries a one-time cost that is relatively small when you consider the benefits. It's a small price to pay to make sure your pet's offspring aren't euthanized.
Available resources: * Free spay/neuter for pit bulls and pit bull mixed - Actors and Others.
* Low cost spay/neuter in city & county of Los Angeles - Clinico, Inc.
* Free spay/neuter by Amanda Foundation.
* Free spay/neuter as well as free non-orthopedic surgical procedures by Sam Simon Foundation.
* Free spay/neuter for feral cats (wild and stray) - FixNation.
* Free spay/neuter for feral cats - Best Friends Catnippers
* Discount Coupon programs through partner organizations - Big Fix
All our rescue animals are spayed and neutered
Copyright © 2008. Whiskers & Tails Foundation all rights reserved